The Annual Sail Past and Review of the Fleet by the Commodore marks the official opening of the Club. This is quite a traditional and formal event. It’s a day when all members celebrate the new sailing season. This is an all-day event to which all are expected to attend. There are three components to the day:
This Saturday May 9 starting at 8:30am is the annual SPRING WORK PARTY.
There are lots of maintenance projects such as:
- fixing the decking around the club house
- painting the decking around the club house
- putting up the pictures etc in the club house
- putting the music cabinet back together
- fixing the bridge to the Rapids Queen
- fixing lockers
- raking- Painting in the new Captain's lounge
Launch 2015 has been postponed to April 25, 2015 and is fast approaching! This lingering winter (-11 C today, March 28, 2015) is posing a challenge for all of us to get boats ready, but ready we must be.